Posts tagged SQLCE CTP2 release
Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 Community Technology Preview for Windows Desktop released and available for download. Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 Final released on 14 Jan 2011 .Check Scott’s BlogPost
Changes and Enhancements
- SQL Server Compact 4.0 CTP is also installed as part of WebMatrix. Microsoft WebMatrix is an integrated suite of tools designed to make it easy for people of all skill levels to build dynamic and secure ASP.Net Web applications.
- Can run within the ASP.NET environment to provide the database functionality needed by the starter websites.
- Supports running in medium trust environments in the web server.
- Ability to write paging queries using the OFFSET and FETCH T-SQL Syntaxes
- Better Support for private deployment by having a single private folder (“%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v4.0\Private”) containing both the AMD64 and X86 binaries
- Support for SqlCeConnection.GetSchema method to provide the metadata information of the database and its child objects.
- Better encryption facility with the use of the latest Encryption Algorithms (AES-256 and SHA2)
- Tested and certified to handle the starter website load effectively and efficiently without any hangs, crashes, exceptions etc.